Are Appliances a Good Buy?
Amazing Appliance Values
Compare Appliance Prices over the Years with Automobile Prices
Major appliances are one of the best values available today in consumer durables. Let’s compare the average price of a car over the past 25 years with the average price of a refrigerator.
The average cost of a new car in 1990 was $9,437. In 2013 the average cost of a new car was $31,021.
In 1989, the brand name side-by-side refrigerator below with ice and water dispenser sold for $1060.
1989 Refrigerator with Ice Dispenser
Convenient ice dispenser helps keep refreshments cool. Lighted 15.2 cubic foot refrigerator section has three glass interior shelves and 3 door shelves to hold full loads of food with finesse. Includes butter storage with dish on door. 9.8 cubic foot freezer section has four Dyna-White shelves and five door shelves.
Today, you can purchase a new brand name side-by-side refrigerator from Universal Appliance and Kitchen Center for about the same price as the 1989 model above.
2014 Refrigerator with Ice and Water Dispenser
- Save Money and Energy
- External Ice and Water Dispenser with PuR Filtration
- 25.5 cu ft capacity
- Versatile Storage Options
- Spillsaver Glass Shelves
- Temp Assure Freshness Controls
- Dispenser Control Lockout
- Gallon Door Storage
- Deli Drawer
- Dairy Center
- Adjustable Door Bins
- Freezer Capacity: 10.00 Cu. Ft.
- Refrigerator Capacity: 15.50 Cu. Ft.
- Total Capacity: 25.5 Cu. Ft.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Click on the link below to go for more information on this refrigerator.
Call or visit the experts at Universal Appliance and Kitchen Center today for the best availability and prices on new major appliances and plumbing fixtures.
Two locations to serve you – Calabasas and Studio City:
All Major Appliances
12050 Ventura Blvd.
26767 Aguora Rd.
Mon-Sat. 9 AM to 6 PM
Sun 11 AM to 6 PM
- Should You Choose a Column Refrigerator?
- The Benefits of an Outdoor Pizza Oven
- Should You Choose a Freestanding or Slide-In Range?
- Understanding Microwave Wattage
- Standard or Pro Ranges: Which One is Best for Your Home?
- Understanding the Differences Between Frost-Free and Auto Defrost Freezers
- What is the Optimal Freezer Temperature?
- Should You Buy Local When Shopping for Kitchen Appliances?
- Your Guide to Choosing the Right Washer for Your Home
- Should You Stack Your Washer and Dryer?