Bottom Freezer Refrigerators at UAKC
Popular Bottom Freezer Refrigerator Style
Advantages of Modern Bottom Freezer Refrigerators
Refrigerators with the freezer on the bottom have been around for a long time. Much of the credit for popularizing this configuration goes to Amana. During the 80’s and 90’s when Side-by-Side refrigerators were all the rage, Amana continued to promote refrigerators with a freezer section on the bottom. Eventually, they introduced a version with double doors in the refrigerator section and the French Door refrigerator revolution began. Universal Appliance and Kitchen Center (UAKC) has been selling and promoting these refrigerator models for many years and carries most of the brands that offer this configuration.
French Door refrigerators are also bottom freezer refrigerators because they do in fact also have a freezer on the bottom, but we’re going to confine our review here to bottom freezer refrigerators with a single door on the top. Brands including Amana, Frigidaire, GE, Jenn-Air, KitchenAid, Maytag, Fisher & Paykel, Sub Zero, Whirlpool and others are available with a freezer on the bottom. These refrigerators come in the following configurations:
- The freezer doors may swing out just as in the Amana below, but the most popular models have freezers that pull out.
- Styling varies. One of the more recent models introduced from the GE Artistry Series has a look that is both retro and trendy.
- Most bottom freezers refrigerators will come with an icemaker in the freezer compartment, and many will have internal water dispensers.
- Only a few manufacturers such as Fisher & Paykel offer single door bottom freezer refrigerators with external dispensers.
- Specialty models of the bottom freezer configuration will accept cabinet panels so that customers can match their refrigerator with the adjacent cabinets.
- Also, several manufacturers of built-in refrigerators have models in the bottom freezer configuration. The Sub Zero built-in bottom freezer refrigerator featured below is an integrated model. Integrated refrigerators fit flush within surrounding cabinets and can be built-in with minimal clearance and no visible grills or hinges.
For the best selection and the lowest prices on refrigerators with the freezer on the bottom consult the experts at Universal Appliance and Kitchen Center today.
Two locations to serve you – Calabasas and Studio City:
All Major Appliances
12050 Ventura Blvd.
26767 Aguora Rd.
Mon-Sat. 9 AM to 6 PM
Sun 11 AM to 6 PM
- Benefits of a Smart Washing Machine
- Beverage Stations: Elevating Your Kitchen with the Latest Trend
- New Ways to Design Your Kitchen in 2024
- Should You Choose a Column Refrigerator?
- The Benefits of an Outdoor Pizza Oven
- Should You Choose a Freestanding or Slide-In Range?
- Understanding Microwave Wattage
- Standard or Pro Ranges: Which One is Best for Your Home?
- Understanding the Differences Between Frost-Free and Auto Defrost Freezers
- What is the Optimal Freezer Temperature?