Connected "Smart" Appliances
Looking for “Smart” Appliances?
Be “Smart”. Choose your smart appliances at UAKC
Appliances that are wi-fi connected or otherwise “smart”, are popping up in several appliance categories and brands. We've been seeing connected appliances at the major trade shows for many years. These features have for the most part been futuristic, but now they are more than just a curiosity. Many brands are jumping into “smart” appliances with apps, bluetooth and/or wifi capability, interactive touch screens, and more. Here are just a few brands that are already in the game. GE, Whirlpool, Samsung, LG, Dacor, Jenn-Air, and more.
Smart appliance features have been integrated into appliance lineups as standard features, and prospective appliance buyers are requesting them. Here are three “smart” capabilities from Jenn-Air that are catching on in appliances.
1. Energy Saving Smart Features with Nest
Nest intelligence takes the powerful Jenn-Air connected appliances to a whole new level of innovation and convenience.
- Get alerts when oven is left on
- Modify thermostat if oven warms home
- Fridge compatibility coming soon
2. App enabled wi-fi appliances
The Jenn-Air® app puts complete control of your Connected Wall Oven at your fingertips.
- Access Jenn-Air® Culinary Center
- Synchronize with Nest
- Adjust cooking temperatures and times
3. Appliances that communicate with Alexa, etc.
@JennAir and @Amazon Alexa have collaborated to bring even more innovation to your kitchen! Voice control capability is now available for all Jenn-Air® Connected Wall Ovens through Jenn-Air’s Skill for Amazon Alexa.
When Jenn-Air and Amazon Alexa work together, you bring the power of voice commands to your kitchen.
Use Alexa to:
- Set cooking modes and temperatures
- Adjust oven cooking times
- Shut oven off
*Jenn-Air provided the text above for items 1-3.
While Jenn-Air seems to have jumped in to smart connectivity in a big way, many other brands have some combination of these or other smart appliance features. Visit this site often to keep up with what's trending in appliances or decorative plumbing fixtures. Call or visit the experts at Universal Appliance and Kitchen Center for help in selecting the products that are just right for you.
- Benefits of a Smart Washing Machine
- Beverage Stations: Elevating Your Kitchen with the Latest Trend
- New Ways to Design Your Kitchen in 2024
- Should You Choose a Column Refrigerator?
- The Benefits of an Outdoor Pizza Oven
- Should You Choose a Freestanding or Slide-In Range?
- Understanding Microwave Wattage
- Standard or Pro Ranges: Which One is Best for Your Home?
- Understanding the Differences Between Frost-Free and Auto Defrost Freezers
- What is the Optimal Freezer Temperature?