Outdoor Vent Hoods from AirKing to Zephyr
Vent Hoods for Outdoor Kitchens
Outdoor Hoods at Universal Appliance and Kitchen Center
When summer heats up our attention goes to outdoor cooking. Today's popular gas grills are often not sitting in an open air location, rather they tend to be in a patio, gazebo, or other covered outdoor area. The grill is likely to be built-in and sometimes even part of an entire outdoor kitchen installation.
With all this attention on outdoor grilling, it's important to understand the need for outdoor venting. If your grilling is done under a combustible overhead structure, a vent hood is required to control smoke, grease, and fumes.
Hood manufacturers from AirKing to Zephyr are jumping into the outdoor hood category. Outdoor cooking specialty manufacturers such as Lynx, also offer their own vent hoods to complement their outdoor grills. And some appliance manufacturers that offer outdoor grills such as Viking include outdoor rated vent hoods as part of their lineup.
Standard indoor vent hoods, are not the same as outdoor vent hoods. Underwriters Laboratories (UL) has separate standards for outdoor appliances. For example, wiring must be shielded and protected from the elements.
Buyers should make sure that their outdoor hood not only meets regulatory standards, but that they are also durable and cleanable. Heavy duty stainless steel baffles effectively filter smoke and grease and they're also easy to clean.
Here's a photo of a Lynx outdoor grill with backsplash and vent hood. It's easy to see that this unit will not only be effective in containing smoke, grease, and fumes, but it will also protect the surrounding surfaces and keep the outdoor kitchen free of soot and grease build-up.
For all your outdoor cooking and venting needs contact the experts at Universal Appliance and Kitchen Center.
Two locations to serve you – Calabasas and Studio City:
- Beverage Stations: Elevating Your Kitchen with the Latest Trend
- New Ways to Design Your Kitchen in 2024
- Should You Choose a Column Refrigerator?
- The Benefits of an Outdoor Pizza Oven
- Should You Choose a Freestanding or Slide-In Range?
- Understanding Microwave Wattage
- Standard or Pro Ranges: Which One is Best for Your Home?
- Understanding the Differences Between Frost-Free and Auto Defrost Freezers
- What is the Optimal Freezer Temperature?
- Should You Buy Local When Shopping for Kitchen Appliances?