Spring Cleaning: 7 tips for maintenance of your refrigerator
As promised here is advice from the experts on cleaning and maintenance of your appliances. Today we’ll cover the refrigerator. Future posts will cover your oven, dishwasher, vent hood, and microwave.
- To clean the cabinet exterior you can use any commercial kitchen cleaner or even baking soda. With baking soda, be sure to rinse throughly and dry with a soft cloth. If the cabinet is stainless steel, there are a variety of stainless steel cleaners available. Use sparingly to avoid streaking.
- Remove the front grill and vacuum under the front of the refrigerator.
- Clean the drip pan.
- Slide the refrigerator out and vacuum behind the refrigerator. Also vacuum the coils thoroughly.
- Clean the inside with a damp cloth. One expert recommends using a sponge soaked with vanilla extract to deodorize.
- Place an open box of baking soda in the refrigerator to absorb odors. Replace every 90 days.
- If you have a water dispenser check the filter and replace as recommended. Always replace at least once a year, regardless of usage.
Check back in a day or two for tips and tricks on cleaning and maintaining your oven.
For recommendations on a new refrigerator, be sure to check with your sales associate at Universal Kitchen and Bath Center at 12050 Ventura Blvd. Suite B-105, Studio City CA 91604 PH 877 696-2982
- Beverage Stations: Elevating Your Kitchen with the Latest Trend
- New Ways to Design Your Kitchen in 2024
- Should You Choose a Column Refrigerator?
- The Benefits of an Outdoor Pizza Oven
- Should You Choose a Freestanding or Slide-In Range?
- Understanding Microwave Wattage
- Standard or Pro Ranges: Which One is Best for Your Home?
- Understanding the Differences Between Frost-Free and Auto Defrost Freezers
- What is the Optimal Freezer Temperature?
- Should You Buy Local When Shopping for Kitchen Appliances?