Refrigerator Dispenser vs Non-Dispenser Models
When buying a new refrigerator one of the choices you’re likely to face is whether you want an external water and ice dispenser or not. Here are the advantages and disadvantages:
Advantages of non-dispenser model refrigerators.
- Most designers agree that external water and ice dispensers are an esthetically unpleasing feature, and detract from the kitchen design.
- Non-dispenser refrigerators cost less.
- Most non-dispenser models are available in versions to accept cabinet panels. Many dispenser models are not.
- Cleanup is an issue. Wood on dispenser models with cabinet panels can discolor or warp.
- Ice can jam and clog in dispensers.
Advantages of dispenser models refrigerators.
- Convenience. No need to open refrigerator door to get water.
- Convenience. No need to open freezer door to get ice.
- Ice dispensers usually offer a choice of cubes or crushed. No such option exists on non-dispenser models.
- Other nifty features exist on dispensers models such as measured fill, auto fills, and contol lock.
Each brand has its own features for its non-dispenser and dispenser models. Several brands offer an internal water dispenser.
Sub-Zero just introduced an internal ice and water dispenser.
GE has a new external dispenser that has room to hold a pitcher or a coffee pot.
To find out more about the selection of brands and models available with or without external dispensers call or visit:
Universal Appliance and Kitchen Center
12025 Ventura Blvd. Ste B-105
Studio City, CA 91604
PH 877 696-2987
- Beverage Stations: Elevating Your Kitchen with the Latest Trend
- New Ways to Design Your Kitchen in 2024
- Should You Choose a Column Refrigerator?
- The Benefits of an Outdoor Pizza Oven
- Should You Choose a Freestanding or Slide-In Range?
- Understanding Microwave Wattage
- Standard or Pro Ranges: Which One is Best for Your Home?
- Understanding the Differences Between Frost-Free and Auto Defrost Freezers
- What is the Optimal Freezer Temperature?
- Should You Buy Local When Shopping for Kitchen Appliances?